Saturday, October 6, 2012

Learning Experience

    I have to admit that after the last post, the whole world seemed against me.  Following my own advice is not easy.  I was so stuck in a discontent rut by the time dinner rolled around there seemed to be little hope of turning the evening around.  I had been repeating thankfulness like a mantra all day, and it helped very little.  In order to pull myself out of this funk, I physically made myself put my husband first, doing what I knew he would enjoy and like.  In minutes our entire evening changed into a wonderful quirky sort of romance.
   I'm recording this as a learning experience.  I don't think being thankful has diminished in importance, but I do think that putting the other person first should be of utmost priority.  I should not wait for the right attitude to do something, but assume that the right attitude will follow the right action.

    Challenge:
-Do two things you know your spouse will enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment