Thursday, October 4, 2012

Be Ye Thankful!

   I have to admit that I struggle with a woe-is-me attitude in marriage.  It is so easy for me to fall into a martyr type mind-set, suffering through life and our relationship with a sad smile, hoping people know how much I sacrifice and how much effort I selflessly put in.
   In order to be suffering in the first place I have to be discontent.  (...be content with such things as ye have. Hebrews 13:5)  Being unhappy and ungrateful is a choice.
  It is not what God wants for me.
   Rejoice evermore.
   Pray without ceasing.
   In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

   We are to give thanks, in every thing, period.  If you ever didn't know what God's will was for you, there it is.
   No one wants to be married to a mopey person.  Become a joyful and thankful person for your husband to love.
   
Challenges:
-Thank God for your husband and children
-Thank your husband for two things he has done, is doing or provides
-When you begin to feel unhappy, discontent or like a martyr, stop and be thankful, then ask for wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment